Control & SCADA
|Effective process control is essential to quality assurance, cost savings, plant safety, and regulatory compliance. To meet your technical needs while enhancing economic performance demands dependable and often sophisticated solutions. Neal Systems offers a broad range of products spanning process controllers, process visualization, data acquisition, and wireless applications to help you manage your continuous work processes. Our team of engineers has the knowledge and experience to provide a quality solution to meet your needs and budget.|
EUROTHERM Process Controllers (EPCs)
Eurotherm’s all-new EPC3000 is a series of high precision, mid-range controllers built to help deliver an efficient and secure process with a new array of functions and an emphasis on precision, durability and cybersecurity. The EPC3000 range of programmable single loop process and temperature controllers maximizes efficiency and repeatability and is certified for cybersecurity communications robustness.
DISTRIBUTED CONTROL SYSTEMS (DCSs) & PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS (PLCs)
Eurotherm PLCs stand apart from the rest in their ability to do high accuracy temperature measurement and control (0.1 degrees C control is common) as well as doing redundant data acquisition, all in one integrated system. With triple redundancy data security, analog and digital inputs, and superior precision, Eurotherm PLCs offer versatile and cost-effective solutions.
PROPORTIONAL-INTEGRAL-DERIVATIVE (PID) & PROCESS CONTROLLERS
The advanced Eurotherm PID algorithm and autotune features draw upon the experience of 50 years of superior control performance especially in temperature applications.
FOXBORO PNEUMATIC CONTROLLERS
Foxboro’s 43AP Series Pneumatic Indicating Controllers continuously indicate and control pressure, vacuum, temperature, or flow with these features:
- Wide Selection of Direct Connected Measurement Elements
- Broad Choice of Control Modes
- On/off, proportional, proportional plus derivative, proportional plus integral (reset), proportional plus integral (reset) plus derivative, differential gap, and automatic shutdown
- Internal Bumpless Auto/Manual Transfer
- Smooth internal switching
- Glass-fiber reinforced case, gasketed door
- NEMA Type 3 protection
- Accuracy Unaffected by Mounting Measurement element and control unit mounted on rigid steel plate
- 43AP Pneumatic Indicating Controllers Product Specifications
ICONICS embraces the open-communication standards, OPC and OPC UA, the widely accepted solution for intercommunicating different hardware and software. The ICONICS solution for SCADA provides a complete view of your operation, including sparkling 3D graphics, trending, reporting, and alarming. The ICONICS solution is scalable to meet the needs of your operation now and in the future. It has been installed on varied customer applications – from just a few hundred monitored points to several million points – monitored from a single location.
ICONICS SOLUTION FOR 32 BIT SYSTEMS
GENESIS32 is the industry’s first fully scalable suite of OPC, SNMP, BACnet and web-enabled HMI and SCADA applications. GraphWorX32 is a human-machine interface (HMI) software package offering unparalleled tools for easily creating the content to support efficient operations.
ICONICS SOLUTION FOR 64 BIT SYSTEMS
GENESIS64 is designed from the ground up to take advantage of OPC and OPC-UA, PLC, BACnet .NET-managed code, Silverlight, and SharePoint technology. GraphWorX64 is at the core of the GENESIS64 product suite, offering an HMI and SCADA data visualization tool for building scalable, vector-based, intuitive graphics to give a full picture of operations.
For a complete baseline assessment of your facility’s SCADA system, Neal Systems offers Woodard & Curran SCADACheck. This service provides a full SCADA evaluation including risk assessment, prioritized recommendations, and a cost breakdown, giving you the planning tool you need to make smart investment and operational decisions.
Electrical Heat Power Control
EPOWER ADVANCED CONTROL
The Eurotherm line of EPower, EPack, and EFit are unique in their ability to customize settings for any application including constant load, variable resistance, inductive load, single phase, multiphase, and more. Also unique are their networking capabilities including Ethernet IP, Modbus, and other communication protocols. Eurotherm’s EPower controller uses Predictive Load Management, which predicts energy usage in addition to reacting to it, thereby preventing the overshooting of the nominal power.
ANALOG POWER CONTROL
Power controllers to drive complex and transformer coupled loads and to take inputs from discrete controllers and programmable logic controllers.
LOGIC POWER CONTROL
To drive resistive heating elements from a few watts up to hundreds of KW.
SOLID STATE RELAYS/CONTACTORS
Continental’s Solid State Relays have no moving parts meaning they are quieter, switch faster, require less power and, when properly applied, can last 10-1,000 times longer. Continental was the first company to produce a fully integrated DIN rail-mountable solid state relay with heat sink and has recently introduced their Superior Surge Survival™ technology.
- The proportional term simply responds proportionally to the current size of the error.
- The loop controller calculates a proportional term value for the PID calculation.
- When the error is zero, the proportional term is also zero.
- The integral (or reset) term integrates (i.e., sums) the error values.
- Starting from the first PID calculation after entering auto-mode, the integrator keeps a running total of error values.
- The running total represents the constant output required to hold the current PV.
- The derivative (rate) term responds to change in the current error value from the error used in the previous PID calculation.
- It anticipates the probable growth of the error and generates a contribution to the output in advance.
- Type J – White/Red
- Type E – Purple/Red
- Type K – Yellow/Red
- Type T – Brown/Red
- Type N – Orange/Red (Red is always Negative)