Mechanical failure of motors, drives, and other key electromechanical equipment is a common cause of unplanned downtime. Vibration is a key parameter in condition monitoring and diagnostics for such equipment in order to optimize maintenance and production and to reduce costs. Neal Systems has extensive experience with rotary machinery vibration solutions, from basic applications to advanced machinery protection systems designed for each critical machine.
Click below to see our Data Acquisition & Reports solutions for your application need:
- Horizontal Pump Applications
- Cooling Tower Fan Applications
- Reciprocating Compressor Applications
- Metrix Brochure
METRIX DIGITAL PROXIMITY SYSTEM (DPS)
Metrix offers an array of probes, cables, and drivers that are interchangeable with competitive probe systems. Replace individual components with their ProxMatch color coding system or purchase a complete proximity system with probe, extension cable and two-wire, loop-powered Trendsetter transmitter.
Reciprocating machinery follows a different set of rules than standard rotary equipment when it comes to sensing and diagnosing imbalance and looseness. Impact transmitters are designed to record the most pertinent information for monitoring the health of reciprocating machinery.
Metrix is a 24/7 service provider, available whenever and wherever needed to protect and optimize the operation of your rotating and reciprocating machinery assets. Their experienced and qualified field engineers can assist with:
The majority of applications for reciprocating compressors are in the oil and gas industries. Oil refineries use these compressors for processes that require high pressure delivery of essential gases. The natural gas industry also uses reciprocating compressors to transport gas via cross country pipelines. These compressors can also be found in chemical plants and refrigeration plants or for air compressors for tooling.
Reciprocating compressors are a very effective solution for selected applications. However, reciprocating compressors are unique pieces of equipment as they contain active components that are moving in rotary as well as linear directions. They also play a vital role in any process in which they are employed. Therefore, a reciprocating compressor’s health must be monitored by doing more than just following the usual vibration monitoring rules. Reciprocating compressors also pose high maintenance costs, which can amount to five times that of a comparable centrifugal compressor. Effective monitoring will reduce these costs to levels of comparable centrifugals while improving reliability, availability, and safety. Within a relatively short period, monitoring systems can pay for themselves by reducing these maintenance costs.
Metrix is the preferred supplier of industrial condition monitoring systems to many of the world’s leading manufacturers and users of reciprocating compressors and other rotating and reciprocating machinery. Metrix vibration monitoring products include machinery protection systems, proximity probes, proximity transmitters, signal conditioners, vibration transmitters, transducers, high temperature vibration sensors, mechanical switches, electronic switches, programmable electronic switches, impact transmitters, vibration monitors, portable shakers and vibration meters.
The applicable ISO references are (in order of priority):
- ISO 10816 Mechanical Vibration – Evaluation of machine vibration by measurements on non-rotating parts
- ISO13373-1 and 2 Condition Monitoring and diagnostics of machines – Vibration condition
- ISO 1925 Mechanical vibration – Balancing – Vocabulary
- ISO 2041 Vibration and shock – Vocabulary
- ISO 7919-1 Mechanical vibration of non reciprocating machinery
Standards can be obtained here.
Metrix is the preferred supplier of industrial vibration monitoring systems and services to many of the world’s leading manufacturers and users of cooling towers, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating and reciprocating machinery. Machinery condition monitoring is Metrix’s sole focus and has remained so for more than 45 years. Metrix pioneered the concept of simple, affordable machinery protection with its mechanical vibration switch offerings, revolutionary 4-20mA vibration transmitters, robust high-temperature velocity sensors, and innovative impact transmitter technology for reciprocating machinery. Today, Metrix enjoys a global leadership position in all of these technologies while growing to expand its capabilities and better serve its customers. As a result, Metrix offers its customers these capabilities for its customers that sets it apart:
- Experience – Metrix has been in the conditioning monitoring business for more than 45 years. They have 30-plus experienced electrical and mechanical engineers engaged in designing, supporting, and servicing the right condition monitoring solutions for their customers.
- Quality – For more than 20 years, Metrix has been ISO-9001 certified. The company places very strong emphasis on continuous improvement of its products, manufacturing processes, and all customer activities to ensure that there is always a focus on quality. Metrix stands behind its product quality with a full 36-month warranty.
- Simplicity – Ease-of-use permeates Metrix design philosophy. Users experience this through configuration software that is intuitive and friendly, wiring terminals on many products that are polarity independent, product designs that minimize installation costs and complexity, and feature sets that find the right balance between usability and complexity.
- Innovative Technology – Metrix pioneered technologies such as 4-20mA vibration transmitters, mechanical (inertial) vibration switches, and high-temperature velocity sensors that require no external power. Through ongoing research and development, Metrix continues this heritage of innovation with digital proximity probe technology, use of the OSIsoft PI System to acquire and store vibration waveform data, 2-wire proximity probe technology, fully programmable electronic vibration switches, and the world’s first API 670 compliant machinery protection system using just two basic monitoring module types.