Invensys Eurotherm, one of the world’s premiere suppliers of temperature control and data acquisition equipment, is pleased to announce the new “E-Pack” power controller and SCR. In 2009, Eurotherm announced the release of the new E-Power power controller system, which provided advanced configuration, control, diagnostics, and communications in a powe
What problem does it solve?
Many low-amp SCRs are “build-to-order” with the specific control method, amperage, voltage, and options all designed for one specific application. Should anything change with the application, a whole new unit would need to be ordered and the other scrapped.r control package for applications of 150 Amps or higher. Now that same capability is released for a low-amperage SCR design (1-63 Amps).
The New E-Pack features the following:
- Local iPod-like screen for configuration and visualization of process variables
- Two hardware models spanning the entire range from 1 – 63 Amps, with up to 500 Volts available for the voltage feed
- Configuration via computer software or front face
- Built-in unmanaged Ethernet switch with two Ethernet RJ45 ports
- Advanced Load Diagnostics
- Controls comprehensive ranges of loads: resistive, infrared, transformer primary, molybdenum disilicide, silicon carbide
- Energy Usage Measurement available
- Voltage squared, Current squared, and True Power Control
- Modbus TCP standard