This sales position will be specifically responsible for helping to grow our influence and sales of all aspects of control and data acquisition products and solutions to our customers in industries like heat treat, pharmaceutical, water / waste, others. Areas of specialty include temperature control, electric heat power control, process data acquisition, SCADA, and cloud-based storage / analytics.
- Responsible for driving sales growth and managing the technical aspects of our controls (PID controllers, electric heat power controllers, PLCs and distributed controllers) and data acquisition (recorders, cloud data, SCADA, RTUs) throughout our overall territory (roughly NYC to Philadelphia to Richmond, VA to Pittsburgh, PA to Buffalo, NY)
- Work within various industries, include mainly heat treat, metals, pharmaceutical, power, water / waste, oil/gas, industrial gas, chemical, and food/beverage.
- Main interface with hundreds of customers to include writing business plans, developing project quotations, providing lunch and learns, offering technical sales support, training customers, answering technical inquiries from customers, and working with our other key teams (outside sales, marketing, service, engineering, order entry) to handle all aspects of customer business development
Preferred Experience :
- The ideal candidate would have proven experience with growing a sales territory within the industrial process / automation industry, as well as either (a) having a technical degree (ideally engineering, such as electrical, mechanical, or chemical) or (b) having 5+ years’ experience in the process measurement and control industry.
Skills and Mindset :
- A love for solving problems and helping customers find the best solution.
- A passion and enjoyment of interacting with people and helping to solve their problems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work independently. This position is fast-paced with the urgency, needs, and priorities of our customers changing quickly. The ideal candidate for this position would be organized, positive, and productive in the midst of this demanding pace of work. Receiving 30-50 emails per day is common.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as a comfort with speaking to multi-generational groups for presentation on products and applications.
- The ability to program, configure, and wire equipment for measurement and control applications and the ability to teach customers how to do the same.
- The ability to fit well with our small company culture. Our company is a family environment and we all work outside of our job description from time to time in order to help each other and our customers. Many of us at Neal Systems have backgrounds in other fields, but we have come to work at Neal Systems because of the high energy, quirky, and passionate atmosphere that is unique to this company.
Location: This person will work out of Newtown, PA office for the first six months, and then work out of the territory more and more over time. Ideal location would be to live within two hours of our main office.
Position Start Date: Spring 2022
Includes normal US holidays plus 15 paid vacation days. Includes a health care package.