This sales position will be specifically responsible for helping to grow our influence and sales of all aspects of gas leak detection, flame detection, and gas / liquid analyzers (Laser, FT-IR, Mass Spec, Gas Chromatograph, Ramen, Thermal Conductivity, and Electrochemical). Major industrial focus include oil/gas, industrial gas, pharmaceutical / biotech, heat treat, chemical, power, food/beverage, and gas pipeline.
- Responsible for driving sales growth and managing the technical aspects of gas / liquid business (including gas leak detection, flame detection, gas analyzers, liquid analyzers) throughout our overall territory (including mainly the NYC to Philadelphia to Baltimore to DC region)
- Work within various industries, include mainly pharmaceutical, power, water / waste, oil/gas, industrial gas, chemical, food/beverage, and heat treat.
- Main interface with hundreds of customers to include writing business plans, developing project quotations, providing lunch and learns, offering technical sales support, training customers, answering technical inquiries from customers, and working with our other key teams (outside sales, marketing, service, engineering, order entry) to handle all aspects of customer business development
Preferred Experience :
- The ideal candidate would have proven experience with growing a sales territory that included gas leak detection, flame detection, and gas / liquid analyzers.
- Also ideally would have either (a) a technical degree (ideally engineering, such as electrical, mechanical, or chemical) or (b) having 5+ years’ experience in the process measurement and control industry with specific time spent with detectors / analyzers.
Skills and Mindset :
- A love for solving problems and helping customers find the best solution.
- A passion and enjoyment of interacting with people and helping to solve their problems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work independently. This position is fast-paced with the urgency, needs, and priorities of our customers changing quickly. The ideal candidate for this position would be organized, positive, and productive in the midst of this demanding pace of work. Receiving 30-50 emails per day is common.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as a comfort with speaking to multi-generational groups for presentation on products and applications.
- The ability to program, configure, and wire equipment for measurement and control applications and the ability to teach customers how to do the same.
- The ability to fit well with our small company culture. Our company is a family environment and we all work outside of our job description from time to time in order to help each other and our customers. Many of us at Neal Systems have backgrounds in other fields, but we have come to work at Neal Systems because of the high energy, quirky, and passionate atmosphere that is unique to this company.
Location: This person will work out of Newtown, PA office for the first six months, and then work out of the territory more and more over time. Ideal location would be to live within two hours of our main office.
Position Start Date: January 2024
Includes normal US holidays plus 15 paid vacation days. Includes a health care package.